Tuesday, January 12, 2010

rain on my parade

I have never had a backyard. I've always lived in apartments, townhouses, trailers, etc.... so now that we have one....even a rented one, I just can't contain my excitement.

I have a whole list of things I want to do in my new backyard:

1. backyard BBQ's, with friends and food and margaritas and lounging

2. speaking of lounging, laying out in the sun, reading a book will surely take up some of my days this year

3. a TRAMPOLINE!

4. picnics

5. gardening

6. campouts!

7. running through sprinklers....I'm not sure we have sprinklers, but we have grass, so the chances are good

8. hanging a swing from the tree, maybe even a TIRE SWING!

9. letting my kids go outside and play

10. slip n slide and kiddie pool



I can hardly wait. But alas, it is January, and it is raining, so waiting is exactly what I have to do.



“In that world, you'll be able to rise in the morning with the spirit you had known in your childhood: that spirit of eagerness, adventure and certainty which comes from dealing with a rational universe”
~Ayn Rand

No comments: