Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Maybe a margarita, maybe just the tequila

I'm listening to country today. That's nothing new, I listen to country every Wednesday. It has themes of family, patriotism, and hard work that all help me get through hump day.
I feel like life has been one big hump day recently (and can I just say I hate that phrase....hump day.....it inspires visions that have nothing to do with the intended meaning), but anyways, I feel like I'm clamboring over that hump recently and if I could just get to the other side, then the proverbial weekend, the partying, the good times will be right around the corner.
I'm trying really hard to urge those feelings into fruition, doing all the things that typically bring me joy, trying to absorb the feeling and carry it through the monotony.
I'm getting outside when the sun is shining, taking impromtu days off of work, splurging on eating out and renting movies, going to theme parks, sticking with holiday traditions, reading to my kids before bed.....trying....reaching....begging for that weekend feeling...that summer feeling.
It's supposed to rain again next week and I'm mad about it. I'm done with the rain, done with the struggle, done with hump day....I want the liberation of Friday. I want happiness all the time, one big party, I want it to stop raining on my parade.
I want to stop being such a downer.
This post will probably help. Just throwing my big "type it all out" tantrum will help me bring Friday about faster.

But first the tantrum.....

-work stress. I'm trying to drop it at the door and not let it be personal, but it's there nonetheless

-this happened


....And then it un-happened, and I feel pretty ok with that, but I'm still probably affected nonetheless.....you know, hormones and all that

-money...I plan it all out, and it still comes out wrong

-I had to get a tooth pulled

-my phone was stolen, so I had to get that replaced

-my house is a mess and I have no time...energy...to get it clean, I can only do a little at a time and it's like trying to push back the tide

-it rained on Easter and I feel disconnected from all of my extended family

I guess that's it. *kicking, screaming, crying* and tantrum over.



Now pictures

















No comments: