Friday, August 29, 2008

Pillow Talk = Sleep Deprivation

Patrick and I went to bed at 10:30 last night. We didn't get to sleep until almost 4 am though. It's not what you're thinking (well, mostly anyways). We lay awake in the dark just talking for hours. I guess when you're busy with 3 kids, you get a date in whenever you can. The lack of sleep is killing me this morning though. I am super tired after 8 hours a night, so 3 just doesn't cut it. I'll probably be napping at my desk by noon. I've already passed out paychecks though, so no one should be bugging me for awhile......besides the phone, I hate the phone.
Wow, I'm kind of rambly today, maybe Patrick and I should save our "dates" for the weekend.....it was well worth it though.

Last night was also Back to School Night. Patrick and I both went while the kiddos stayed with Grandma. Back to School Night is not the one where the kids get to come....much to Cali's dismay. That's the one where you manuever through a zillion kids and their 2 zillion parents/siblings/aunts/uncles/grandparents to get a peek at their self portraits, creatively spelled journals and the blade of grass, I mean Plant, that they grew in a paper cup. That's Open House. Don't feel bad, even the kids get them mixed up.
Back to School night is a much more serious affair, adults only (yay!). We all get to squeeze our grown up tooshies into 1st grade chairs and find out what our kids do all day. I personally find it fascinating. I planned to be a teacher once upon a time and love checking it all out. Patrick, however experienced a little ADD and went through Emily's desk instead of listening to the teacher.

No comments: