Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sisterhood

Last night I went to dinner and a movie with a friend/coworker. It was kind of spur of the moment (minus the 15 minutes I had to spend on the phone getting "permission" from my husband and arranging a ride home for all the kiddos), but as I was sitting at Applebees sipping coffee and chatting up girl stuff, I realized how seldom I go out with friends.....alone. Husbands and children have a way of taking over our lives.
The movie we went to just reaffirmed the importance of hanging with the girls. You guessed it, we saw Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Which no self respecting man would be caught dead buying a ticket for. At least none in my aquaintance. The comments I've heard from the opposite sex, sound something like "that's that lame movie about pants or something?" Good guess!
The title does have a certain "chick flick" feel to it.

Sisterhood = chick bonding
Pants = bonding over clothes!! Ahh!

If I were a man, I'd probably call it lame without even seeing it also, but since I'm of the "chick" variety, I loved it, and cried multiple times.

No comments: