Friday, October 16, 2009

Not serious enough for a 12 step program

I started drinking coffee when I was 23. I was working full time, going to school 3 hours a night, 4 nights a week, and had 2 kids. The only way I was going to get any homework done was with some kind of stimulant. Coffee seemed safer than Meth.
And every day since, I've had my morning coffee, and becoming ever more frequent is the evening coffee.
I didn't give it up during my pregnancy with Caliana. It's ok though, I asked my dr. Her response?

"one cup a day?, yeah that's fine"

um, did I mention that it's a 20 oz cup?



I'm at the point now, where it doesn't stimulate me anymore, I pretty much need it to function period. And of course to stave off the morning caffeine headache.

I think it may also have something to do with my evening crankiness. At least I hope it does. I hope that's not just me. So I thought, in an effort to just be healthier, that I should try and wean myself off of this dependance. Today I had half decaf and half regular. It is now 1:30 and I am nodding off at my desk. Literally. I'm not even exaggerating. My whole body is kind of numb and my lids are drooping. This is going to be harder than I thought.

3 comments:

Ben said...

I say fight fire with fire. Go expresso!

Anonymous said...

Just a thought;
U might try every now and then changing up between coffee and Tea.
Yes, tea also has the caffine,
but it does break the cycle.
I myself, still luv my morning cup of mud...
I do commend u tho on ur choice between coffee, and meth....MG.

Anonymous said...

That is funny BRandIIIIII I was doing the same kind of Nodding last night wile I was trying to help Emily go through a tub of old toys She prob thought I was dying or something