Monday, November 9, 2009

probably won't need to know until 9th grade anyways

I was lying on the couch last night, vegging out and watching COPS, when my babygirl brought me her shapes and colors flashcards and asked to do them with me. I squished over and she crawled up next to me.
She knows all of her colors and most of her shapes, but a few of them were a little tricky. She called the crescent a moon, and I explained to her how the one that looks like a house is called a pentagon, and the one shaped like a stop sign is an OCTagon, like OCTopus.
It was getting late and she was getting tired and giggly. She started naming the colors wrong on purpose and cracking up. She was laughing, I was laughing. Who knew flashcards could be so fun.

Then we came back to the pentagon.

"Do you remember what this one is?"

"A house?"

"Yes, it looks like a house, but do you remember what it's called?"

"Hmmmm, a Bock-oo-gon?"


I just realized this is only funny if you have small children and actually know what a bakugan is. But Damien totally cracked up when I told him about it this morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cherished Moments...

Anonymous said...

It's the little things that makes kids so grand.