Thursday, March 5, 2009

add that to my list

Disneyland is bringing out the planner in me. I knew she was probably in there somewhere. Buried deep by years of procrastination and "fly by the seat of my pants" impulsiveness. But she's here now. Shoved out of bed and put to work. I don't know how long she'll stick around, but I'm glad I got her out of hibernation to help me figure out this trip. Taking 3 kids to Disneyland for 4 days takes at least a modicum of planning, unless you want to spend way too much, and/or spend much of the trip fighting with your husband. And I don't really want to do either.

See, I'm not really a list maker. For instance, when I grocery shop, I walk up and down every single aisle and see what I like, and that's what I buy. I've gotten pretty quick about it too. Once in awhile I'll forget something, but more often than not, I end up with more than I went for.
Which is why I thought it might be a good idea to plan for Disneyland. In case I haven't mentioned it, I'm on a budget, and going to Disneyland without a plan, when you tend to be an impulsive shopper.....just uh.....sounded like trouble.
And I don't need any more trouble. I've had enough trouble to last the rest of the year thankyouverymuch.
So, I've made a budget. I've even made a general schedule for each day (much to my husband's eye rolling dismay), complete with when and where we'll be eating, rest times, etc...I'm so proud.

Here's a partial list of other pre-plan-ey, think ahead-ey things I've done to prepare:

1. checked the weather for the days we'll be there, sunny and 70's!

2. I know the check in and check out times at our hotel....I know, impressive, huh?

3. made a reservation for our car rental, AND actually paid my credit card with enough time for it to clear before I have to pick up said car.

4. I've scoped the maps of the parks and totally know which rides I really really want to ride. Hey, that's important.

5. I've made reservations for our character dinner and for our lunch at the Rainforest cafe. Ok....I haven't actually done this yet, but I fully intend to, and that totally counts!

6. I've squealed and gushed and jumped up and down because WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!

No comments: