Wednesday, March 11, 2009

deterioration of our youth

In case you were wondering, yes I did wake up an hour late again today, my hair does look like crap for the 3rd day in a row, and the outfit I threw together in 30 seconds, in the dark, well, we won't even go there.

Anyways, this post isn't even about that. I wanted to share with you the story of my bus ride on Saturday. The bus ride on which I became appalled at today's youth. (Don't I sound old and crotchety??)
It was a beautiful almost spring evening. The sun was just beginning to set, people were out gardening, and smiling, basking in the lovely weekend after days of rain. My husband and I were settled in our seats on the bus, bringing our baby girl to church. (scene set? good.)
The bus stopped to pick up some passengers and a teenage girl walked past us with her breasts spilling out of the top of her shirt. I glanced over at my darling husband and he says
"don't look at me, I'm no pedophile. I know how old that chest is."
I snicker and go back to enjoying the ride.

A few minutes later I hear a teenage boy at the back of the bus addressing boob girl and her friend. Does he ask her her name? Does he comment on the weather? Does he stutter or act nervous or anything? No. This is what he says to her.....are you ready? He says.....


"those are nice titties"

What the fuck?

You know how she responds?

"giggle giggle, thanks."

For real, seriously, that's a pick up line now?

He doesn't stop there though. He goes on.....

"For real, great titties. Who's titties are those? I'd like to see those titties."

girl... "giggle giggle, they're mine, hehe, haha"

A minute later she says to him

"so, where are you headed?"

OMG, that actually worked for him. And I guess the titty shirt actually worked for her, if that's the kind of attention she wanted. All I could think, was that guy has no respect for women and that girl has no respect for herself. (How OLD do I sound, geez). But if I knew that my son ever talked to some stranger like that I would have to SMACK HIM AROUND!

Now, every once in awhile I'll pass my husband in the hall and he'll say, "hey those are some nice titties"

And I just can't help but "giggle giggle"

No comments: