Friday, August 14, 2009

And he counted the money SIX times

I work in accounting. I do a lot of banking. At one of our banks there is a teller named Arthur. Arthur Walsh. I know this because EVERY time I deal with him, he tells me that we have the same last name. EVERY time. And I go there a lot. Not only for this reason, but numerous other unspecific ones, this guy just rubs me the wrong way.

Today's conversation went something like this.

Arthur: HEY there! Miss Walsh right? We have the same last name!

Me: Huh?

Arthur: Brittany, right?

Me: Brandi

Arthur: CLOSE ENOUGH!

*I tell him what business I need taken care of*

Arthur: Sure, just a few minutes, I need an override.....thanks for your patience.....I mean what else would you be doing right? I mean if you weren't here, or working....or whatever you do on a Friday

Me: Uh....I'd probably be taking my kids school shopping. They go back Monday.

Arthur: That must be a relief for you.

Me: (because I talk too much) Not really, I work, so right now, they're home and I'm not. I just get up and go to work. Now I'm going to have to get them up, make sure they get dressed and off to school and all that. There are advantages to the routine though. They brush their teeth more often during the school year.

Arthur: Really?

Me: That was a joke

Arthur: *looking kind of confused and having difficulty counting my money*.... I....uh....I don't get it.

Me: I just meant....less structure during the summerrrrr...nevermind.


Even though we share the same last name, we're definitely not related.

No comments: