Thursday, August 20, 2009

I has caffeine please?

Today is living up to the "tedious Thursday" reputation. It was overcast until lunchtime, and now the sun is shining, but it feels more oppressive than glorious. My work is all around me, mocking. Plenty to do, but not enough focus. The coffee has worn off. I had a healthy sandwich for lunch, which just didn't have nearly enough sugar to keep me amped up. Yesterday I was drinking red bull with licorice for a straw. Now that's the way to do it.
Burnout. I think that's what this looks like. I am not fulfilled in my work. No....I'm not going to go there in this post. I've had enough of the "what should I do with my life" ramblings.
The only point of this post was that I'm sitting here, completely unmotivated, with the drudgery and the heavy limbs, and the droopy eyelids, watching the clock. And it sucks.

I think I'm going to do something exciting after work. Something to liven up my day. Something just for me. Stay tuned.

No comments: