Saturday, September 12, 2009

Very Cali-esque

In Caliana's gymnastics class, they always start by sitting in a circle and doing stretches. The teacher makes up little stories that make it fun for them, for instance making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on their legs, and being a seal arching their back and ducking from the shark. Well, one of these stretches is pretending to wash their hands. Every time the teacher says "Ok, let's wash our hands" all the children start pretending.....except Caliana.
She jumps up and says "I'll be right back, I have to go wash my hands" and runs off to the bathroom. The other parents laugh and comment on how cute and tiny she is, and sometimes other kids try and follow her, and the teacher, well, she never learns.


After class, we went to ToysRus to buy her a new lunchbox. After she sat in every one of the power wheels cars, at least 3 times each, I got her over to the lunchboxes. She grabbed a Jonas brothers one first, because it was at her eye level, but after I talked her out of that, she ended up with Strawberry shortcake. I think she was more excited though about the new cups we bought with the flip up straws. Next we had to stop by the train table to play. There was a little boy already there. He was about 4 or 5. Cali kept gently stepping right in front of him and saying "thank you, escuse me"
He was very gracious about it and just kept shifting over slightly to play at a different section of the table, until she would notice and step in front of him again. "Thank you, escuse me" I'm not sure if she just liked what he was playing with, or if she was testing him...seeing how much he would let her get away with....she craves power you see. I have a feeling it is the latter.


After lunch we played a round of her ABC fishing game. I pulled out a lowercase E, and asked her what it is. She threw it right back at me, even though she knows. "what is it mom?"
I say "Hmm, I'm not sure, is it an "O"?
She looked at me like "Give me a break mom" and says "Noooooo, you stinker"


Ha, indeed. Must be where she got it.


No comments: