Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tired and sad.....but grateful

Up until now, the only ways our struggling economy has affected me personally are;

1. I got an extra tax refund
2. Gas prices went way down
3. House prices went down so far, that I started to consider that I may be able to one day buy my own home.


Well, I'm sorry to say that negative effects are starting to hit home now too. My company is suffering the same issues as the rest of the country, and we had to do lay offs this week, right before Christmas. I know they hated to do it, but there honestly was little choice. For the next few weeks at least, I'll be doing all of the work in my department, and while I am bitter about all the extra work, I am also so very thankful to still have my job and more importantly, my paycheck. It's very scary sometimes being the main breadwinner in the family.
To everyone who has been laid off, fired, who's husbands or wives are laid off, who are in fear of losing their jobs....hang in there. My prayers are with you.

No comments: