Thursday, April 23, 2009

Worker bee

The fourth Thursday in April is always "take your daughter to work day".

The first year Emily participated, she was 4 years old. I set up a little desk for her, let her color herself a desk nameplate, and gave her stacks and stacks of papers to separate. She ripped every other one, but she had her own little tape dispenser to put them back together. She took her duties very seriously though.






Last year I gave her the task of reorganizing my filing cabinets and making sure they were in proper alphabetical order (they so weren't). Partway through, Emily was getting exasperated.

Em: "Who DID this??"

Me: *chuckle chuckle*

Em: "Did they even go to SCHOOL??"

I still tease the girl who does my filing about it.


Today marks her sixth year coming to work with me. Every year she's getting more and more proficient. She's even learning to 10-key properly. She mentioned that she should just work here full time, so I had to explain about child labor laws and such. Phew, she can't take over my position just yet. Come to think of it, that's not such a bad idea. Let her support the family for awhile while I stay home and chill.

1 comment:

Sheree said...

wow, I swear I just saw that first picture not to long ago. It has not been six years. haha