Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend- Part 3

Actual Memorial Day, like the day. When Monday feels like Sunday, and we swim and BBQ and ring in summer, even though it's not officially summer for another month....it's summer enough.





There isn't a lot to say, no big story to tell, no hilarious potty incidents....although we did forget the diaper bag with Cali's bathing suit and change of clothes, so she "swam" in her dress.

Ok wait, I totally take that back. There was the hilarious incident of me putting all of the hot dogs on the grill, then deciding that maybe the grill should be lower, attempting to do just that and every single one of the dogs rolling off the grill into the ash and charcoal. Patrick managed to fish them all out and I took them in the bathroom and washed.....scrubbed them. We didn't tell the kids, and I ate steak.






As mentioned in previous entries, Caliana is.......was opposed, very opposed to swimming. So she played in the sand with the sand toys for a long time. We keep our sand toys in this big green plastic box. It was standing up on it's side and I happened to spot Cali just as she closed herself inside. I'm glad I saw her at that moment or I would have been searching for her for a long time. She was in there for a good 15 minutes with nothing but a slice of watermelon. I don't know how she got so strange. Lord knows my husband and I aren't odd in the least.




She eventually made her way down to the water where the other kids were playing...




and decided....maybe the water isn't too bad...





A good time was had by all






No comments: