Monday, October 27, 2008

Almost like a vacation

I often forget how easy it is just to get up in the morning, get ready and go to work.
Wait what? Yeah, that's what I said. It's so much easier than getting up, dragging three kids out of bed, dragging them off the floor, haranguing them to please get dressed if they want to eat anything before school, sending them back to their room to put on something weather appropriate, checking on them 10 minutes later to see what's taking so long, yell at them for wasting time, remind them to make their bed, try and straighten my hair without someone unplugging my straightener or burning themselves on it while I'm breaking up a fight elsewhere, dressing the fickle toddler, brushing said toddler's hair, reminding the others *in a yelling across the house sort of manner* to pack your lunch and put it IN your backpack, and while you're at it, do you have your gymnastics clothes and your instrument, what about homework, please get a sweater, no don't get in the car yet, I haven't done the other one's hair, and did anyone brush their teeth? Oh, everyone but me, bleh.

God Bless Teacher Work Day.


____________________________________

Halloween pic of the day, my brother Noah, 11 as Elvis and Damien again as Captain Hook, age 4

No comments: