Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A sneak in the night

I woke up at 3am. I didn't have to pee, I wasn't being nudged for some nocturnal nookie, I wasn't sick and I didn't have a bad dream (well, I did dream I was 6 months pregnant, and that could be considered a bad dream, but that wasn't it). There's only one other thing that gets me up at that time of night. It's this:



Since she learned to open doors, she has been sneaking into our bed every night with all the stealth a 22lb 2 year old can muster. Well, apparently last night daddy got wise and locked our door, so I awoke to someone knocking rather insistently and yelling
"mommy, open dooooor, my seep your bed wis yooooouuuuuuu!!!"
I know for a fact Patrick was not sleeping through that, but I guess he assumed she was talking to me. I took her back to her bed and snuggled and got her water and sang ABC's and Tinkle Tinkle (hehe) and Baby Mine and eventually snuck back to my own bed.

This morning I found out Patrick had taken his own turn with the midnight mirauder. He went downstairs in the middle of the night and found this:


That would be her best "I know I'm not supposed to be up in the middle of the night watching movies and eating a cookie, but aren't I the cutest thing you've ever seen?" smile.

_______________________________________________________________

Costume picture of the day
Emily 17 months, as a lamb, not a BUNNY!!

No comments: