Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Like breaking up.....again

Caliana has learned to open doors. This is a tragedy of epic proportions. We have to make sure both the front door and the garage door are locked at all times, and now she can escape her room in the middle of the night. I am the deepest sleeper of all time and it literally takes a 2 year old playing hopscotch on my abdomen to wake me up.....and for the past two nights this has occurred with disappointing regularity. So by 3:00 yesterday I was feeling less than fresh....wait, that sounds wrong....exhausted is the word I'm searching for. So I left work early.

When I arrived home Dan was standing there peering into my fridge. My irritation level notched up a couple points. Then he turns to me and says "Don't worry, I'm leaving" real snarky like, but I didn't care, can't hurt my feelings, it's the words that count, and those words are pure gold.
*irritation level drops back to normal*
Since I tore into Patrick for not backing me up, and for screwing up the whole "telling Dan to hit the road" thing, he must have decided that he likes being married and fixed the situation. Dan was none too happy about it, which I just can not comprehend. I'm real sorry you've got to go be a grown up now, but you did stay here over two months. Where's the appreciation? Where's the gratitude? Where's my medal for most caring ex girlfriend in history.
Oh well, I get to walk around the house in my underwear again, and that's reward enough for me.

___________________________________________________

Costume pic of the day
Damien, devil (2 yrs old) and Emily, Kitty (5 yrs old)

No comments: